Academy 360 is driven by the mission to develop students’ minds, bodies, and characters so they may lead healthy and fulfilling lives in school, college, and beyond. We serve children 3 years of age through 5th grade.
Want to learn more? Check out our video- Active Bodies, Active Minds. This video was originally created as part of the Colorado Health Foundation’s KaleidosCOpe statewide storytelling campaign in 2016.
Our vision is to set a new precedent for how a school partners with community; Academy 360 seeks to serve the unique needs of our community and to engage family and community members in the educational development of our students.
· We are a small learning community; we serve each child equitably, meeting both their academic and social-emotional needs, understanding their codependence;
· We prioritize social-emotional wellness through daily instructional blocks that include a variety of evidence-based curricula, including: Random Acts of Kindness, Mind Up, Little Justice Leaders, Zones of Regulation and more;
· We use rigorous instructional curriculum, including: Engage NY, EL Modules, and ELA Achieve;
· Our school culture runs deep and strong. We are proud of our classroom management system that is grounded in whole-child supports like restorative practices and positive behavior interventions. We are able to maximize instruction when a student is in need as we respond swiftly and intentionally;
· We’ve cultivated a family of exceptional teachers and staff members that believe deeply in our mission and selflessly serve our students beyond academics and the classroom;
· Our daily schedule (during non-COVID times), includes daily PE and Recess, totalling 60 minutes of activity a day;
· We staff our educational team with mental health providers, so that children and their families have immediate support and healing for adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) that can oftentimes inhibit a student from learning. We have three full-time providers for our community of 200 learners;
· We believe deeply in whole-family supports, and have a family therapist on staff with over 10 years of experience in the Montbello community;
· Our preschool program is a Colorado SHINES Level 4 program and has maintained that rating since its opening in 2015;
· We have 9 community partners that reside with us in our building, offering wrap-around services to both Academy 360 families and the greater Montbello neighborhood, which is changing the narrative of how a school can serve its community;
· Family and student satisfaction levels are high. In our most recent family satisfaction survey, 92.7% of families were satisfied with our performance, outpacing the district average. Student satisfaction was at 89.5%.
· We are expanding our educational services. We are welcoming 8-10 students with M/I autism in Fall 2021 and possibly a Model 1 program for 3-4 year old preschoolers with moderate to severe special needs;
Academy 360 is a founding member of the Montbello Community Collective. The Collective seeks to build neighborhood partnerships through education and community programming to meet the needs of children and their families in the Montbello and Far Northeast communities – truly offering a wraparound services approach.
The following nonprofit organizations reside at Academy 360:
We the staff, students, and community at A360 embrace and recognize our diversity and differences. We are all responsible for creating and maintaining a school environment that provides ALL students with positive social, emotional, behavioral and academic skills necessary to achieve academic and personal wellness. We believe that behavior that is challenging is an opportunity to know and understand our students, families and ourselves better each and every day and to become more responsive and effective teachers and students. We are A360.